August 23, 2009
Hobble Creek Half Marathon
The Hobble Creek Half Marathon was my second ever. I ran the Salt Lake Half Marathon in April so I knew I could run, it but I was nervous because I really wanted to get under a 2 hour time. In the Salt Lake race I got 2 hour 14 min. and I was happy because I actually did a half marathon, but for the Hobble Creek I wanted to cut 15 min off. AHHH
I run with some awesome friends, and they helped me a lot. The week before the race I had two friends go with me to Hobble Creek Canyon and run part of the trail. It was very helpful. I worked on running down hill fast, and I was able to see what the trail would be like.
The day of the race Cameron drove me down, (he was going to run the race with me until 2 weeks before he backed out, because he had not been training). Cameron slept in the car until he was supposed to meet me by the finish line to help cheer me in. It helped having him there. I was scanning the people looking for my tall, handsome, shaved head husband, thinking that when I saw him I would be ok. Well when I saw him it was like “finally I’m at the end”, but I still had half a mile to go. The good new is I made my goal…. I did it in one hour 57 min. The race was fun and I would like to do it again next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wish there was a picture. Addy, that is awesome. I am proud of You!!! Congrats.
Post a Comment