November 19, 2011

Moab in November 2011






















The week before thanksgiving we took the kids to Moab and had a great time besides the drive down. I made a great fort in our hotel room for the kids to play in, Koen passed out from exhaustion and slept on the bed while we all watched TV. We were at a little park at the hotel and Krey got so much sand in his eyes. I mean a LOT of sand, he was really good to let me get it out. I really scraped out glob after glob, then he would hold his eyes shut for a while and take a break and then I would do it again. It was sad for both of us.
That night set up the play pen for Koen to sleep, we knew he was not asleep but what we didn't know was that he had pulled out every tissue from the tissue box. Once he had fallen asleep Cameron went passed him on his way to the bathroom and saw Koen in a pile of tissues sleeping.
we went swimming both days we were down there, it was fun and the kids love the water. One day we drove to canyon lands, the name should give it away but if it does not it is a huge canyon land. When we first got there Cameron had to drive for about 4 miles from the top of one canyon down to a lower level, he is afraid of heights. It was a very narrow road and it had a HUGE drop off on one side. At one point he looked at me and asked if we should turn around, we didn't. A while later after he told the kids to be quiet, I saw his dry is hands off on his pants, because they were sweaty. I just love my husband. After going down the first level we were able to get out and explore, then drive some more and get out again. We stopped for lunch and saw some Desert sheep. I was so excited to see them. We had a really good time, and Cameron took good care of us.Also a plus, was the three hour drive home went by much faster then the three hour drive down to Moab, the kids were better!

No comments: