December 15, 2009

2nd nose

In October while we were visiting Grandma Julie, Krey was up to the usual climbing and exploring everything in reach. Well this time he got hurt. He was scaling up the back of one of the bar stools when it came down on top of him. One of the bars on the backrest hit him on the bridge of his nose right between his eyes. He immediately got a big bump. (It was very scary for me.) Krey was crying hard, and blood was coming out of his mouth. Later we found out that he had cut the inside of his mouth but at the time I thought the blood was from hitting his nose. Grandma Julie said that with him being so little and hitting that part of his face so hard something really bad could of happened so we took him to the doctor. Well they said he would be OK and at this age if he did do something really bad it would not be noticeable or known until he was at least 8 years old. We thanked the doctor, gave him a quarter of a million dollars, and left with our son having a second nose on his face. Yet I'm glad nothing was really wrong but even now in December he still has a bump where he got hit. I wonder how family pictures will be?

2 comments:

Katy said...

Ouch!! Poor baby!! I look at the pictures below, and it just doesn't seem right...he's walking!!?

Brandon, Emily and Chloe said...

Poor little guy! This must have been such a scary experience! I am so glad that he is okay...plus he is darling - even with a second nose ;)!