March 2, 2009

Porcupine Rim

This last weekend Cameron and I went down to Moab. We dropped the kids off with Grandma and Grandpa White on Friday night and then left for Moab on Saturday morning at 4. We made it there in great time, go figure not many people are on the road at 4 in the morning. At 10 we met up with a guy who dropped us off at the upper Porcupine Rim. So I was way excited and ready to go. We road up hill for 1.2 mile and then it was down hill for the next 13. WOW, it was very hard, and scarrrrry. I can't understand how people even thought about taking their bikes of this trail in the first place. I think it would have been hard enough to just walk it let alone bike down it at very fast speeds. HA. Plus the boys would hike back up just go off a jump an extra time or two. We rode along this mountain edge! "The boys." After the ride of 4.5 hours we went and ate!! We are all every tired. After that we drove around Moab and looked at different rides and just had a good time. The next morning we went to breakfast and then drove to GEMINI BRIDGES. This was very cool. I loved it. We hiked around and took pictures and looked off the edge, until Cameron got mad because he gets sooo scared of heights. Oh, I forgot to tell you I fell, yes I took a GOOD tumble. This is just one of eleven. Yet I feel cool, like I tried hard. I don't think I will try it again for a while. I need to work on my skills and become more brave/crazy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a BRAVE BRAVE woman. Something I would love to do but do not trust myself to do it. I know sounds a little crazy - Don't even try to understand.

Danielle said...

Addy, you are a brave and crazy woman! You ride with the boys, go running and fight with dogs! You got it going on girl!